360 surveys are assessment tools that provide leaders and employees with feedback about their performance. Peers, direct and indirect reports as well as the client’s boss, provide the feedback. The client is rated in areas such as leadership, communication, productivity, and technical skills. The subject also rates themselves in these areas.
- Assess strengths and weaknesses in workplace performance, interpersonal communication and/or leadership style with a focus on individual and organizational development.
- Evaluate and improve the performance of whole organizations
- Assess the effect an individuals’ actions have on the organization
- Identify opportunities for change and develop individual and organizational goals to make those changes.
- Develop continuous learning programs, and to offer training in those areas where managers and employees should focus their improvement efforts.
Participant Insights Gained
- Clients also gain tremendous personal benefit as they see how their leadership styles and methods are perceived by those they manage. As they make adjustments to better interact with and lead others, the entire organization benefits from the improvement to productivity.
- It also uncovers blind spots that might not be noticed. Linking survey items to organizational leadership competencies and company values reinforces corporate culture. Important career development knowledge is easily collected.
- Personal effectiveness within each key position is crucial to the ongoing success of the organization. 360 surveys allow respondents to provide valuable feedback regarding the effectiveness of another individual’s performance.
- Each 360 survey should be customized to specific organizational or personal goals. The survey is Internet based — accessible from anywhere in the world 24/7. The survey is completely anonymous and all data is confidential.
- The client scores him/herself along with their boss, direct reports and peer group (any demographic group can be used).
- After all participant data is received, reports are generated with easy to understand graphs reporting positive, neutral and negative results as well as rater comments.
- The results are reviewed and discussed in a private feedback session. Clients use this information to make changes in their behavior and performance.