Motivators or values are the drivers behind our behavior; what motivates our actions. They are principles or standards by which we act and are beliefs held so strongly that they affect the behavior of an individual or an organization. An individual’s experiences, references, education, and training tell us WHAT they can do. A behavioral assessment will tell us HOW they will do it. However, it is not until we know an individual’s values or motivators that we will understand WHY they do what they do.
Knowledge of motivators can:
- Encourage participants in a way that satisfies their inner drive
- Determine if the participant’s position will be rewarding
- Reduce conflicts
- Increased talent retention
- Improved efficiency and productivity
- Energize any group working together toward common goals
The Motivators report identifies six different values that motivate an individual to take action.
- Theoretical: Discover systematize and analyze; a search for knowledge.
- Utilitarian: Gain return on investment of time, resources and money.
- Aesthetic: Add balance and harmony in one’s own life and protect our natural resources.
- Social: Eliminate hate and conflict in the world and to assist others.
- Individualistic: Achieve position and to use that position to influence others.
- Traditional: Pursue the higher meaning in life through a defined system of living
Researchers recently found that avoidance could be as strong as acceptance; so 12 profiles were derived from the highs and lows of the 6 Motivators. As a result, 12 Driving Forces were developed which more precisely and accurately pinpoint the varying distinctions of how a person derives more meaning from life and work.
- A Motivators report is created after the completion of a short on-line assessment. Based on the responses, a completely personalized and unique report is immediately created.
- A debrief coaching session discusses and guides the participant through an in-depth understanding of these insights and how they potentially impact their performance.
- This assessment can be combined in one report and debrief session with the Motivators assessment if so desired.